Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
BURROW souped up version of Dalton
(04-17-2020, 02:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No, it is not flat out wrong. I’ve watched almost every game Dalton has ever played as a Bengal. Just because you can throw out a play here and there from any given season doesn’t mean his pocket presence hasn’t been an issue his entire career. We blamed it on his center for years, then we get a halfway decent one in Hopkins, and Dalton is even worse.

People like to pretend that Tom Brady has had 5 All Pro’s in front of him his entire career, and while their OL was usually good (not always), Brady was a master at moving his feet and sliding up and down in the pocket to make plays happen. Dalton has never done that on a regular basis. If the play breaks down at all 9 times out of 10 Dalton chucks it away, or does nothing to help himself. For a guy as athletic as he is, he’s a statue way too often.

100%  ThumbsUp

Sure you can cherry pick good plays and even games Dalton has had and there's plenty of them. But in the big picture, long haul, however you want to put it ? Dalton has never regularly excelled under pressure/off script.

Kingslayer brought up the game I believe it was season before last when on 4th down at the end of the game Dalton rolled out to the right out of the pocket and tossed our last chance up into the stands. If memory serves we were still in the game, down 3 or something ? still some seconds on the clock. I remember my jaw dropping and hitting the floor ! WTF was that Dalton ? You couldn't even at least try and throw it at a receiver ? or run ?

I bring this up only because it's a perfect example of AD crumbling at crunch time. And it's far from the only example. Is Dalton a horrible QB ? NO But he's just never regularly had that 5th gear, been able to work off script, make shit happen, in the crunch.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: BURROW souped up version of Dalton - bengalfan74 - 04-17-2020, 09:54 AM