Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
BURROW souped up version of Dalton
(04-17-2020, 07:14 PM)McC Wrote: So, what are you getting at?  Don't draft him?  He's no good or overrated?  Or is it that we as Bengal fans have no right to be excited or hopeful or feel good about anything?  What is it you're working so hard to prove and why are you going to these lengths?  

All the googling, all the typing.  What is this mission you're on?

It's a mission to get you to not bother reading my posts before you overreact with hyperbole. 

Thus far the mission is obviously a smashing success, because I specifically said in the post you quoted that it's not a terrible thing to be on a super team in college. I also said in an earlier post in this thread that I agree that he'll be a souped up Dalton with a higher ceiling. None of that suggests that I am "getting at" he's no good or overrated. 

It DOES suggest that maybe your time with the wife isn't going so well during your stay-at-home, so you're being a pissy ***** who won't get off my D on here, following me to every conversation I have with other people to quote me and then imply I said things that are nowhere in said quotes.

- - - - - - - -

Or you know, it's a mission to temper expectations of Burrow further away from Football Jesus and closer to reality while engaging in football discussion using researched facts, comparisons, historical examples, and overall good data.... rather than hopes, wishes, dreams, and fairy dust. 

At this rate even if he throws 40 TDs and 10 INT, it's going to be a letdown for some because of this mythological buildup that he's going to be Moses leading the Bengals through the desert to the promised land.

This is a guy who was considered a 4th round pick less than a calendar year ago. This is a coaching staff with zero success. This is a FO with 30 years of failure. This is a football league where the majority of QBs (even 1st overall QBs) don't live up to their hype or potential. That's just reality.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: BURROW souped up version of Dalton - TheLeonardLeap - 04-17-2020, 07:34 PM