Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
BURROW souped up version of Dalton
(04-17-2020, 07:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You just named one team. Don't forget to also look at:
Georgia Southern
Texas
Northwestern St
Vanderbilt
Utah St
Florida
Mississippi St
Auburn 
Alabama
Ole Miss
Arkansas
Texas A&M
Georgia
Oklahoma

- - - - - - - - - - - -
College football isn't known for parity. It's the same knock on all QBs coming from teams loaded with top end NFL talent. LSU is looking at having like 4 1st rounders, 3 2nd rounders, and 3 3rd rounders in this draft alone. It the same reason why OSU QBs struggle in the NFL. Crushing inferior talent doesn't prepare you for NFL parity.

Brady went to Michigan
Brees went to Perdue
Wilson went to NC State 3yr/Wisconsin 1yr
Rodgers went to California

Those schools have a combined 0 National Championships since 2000 and the only one of those four QBs to win one was Brady (who was a backup that threw 15 passes that year). I'm not saying that being on a super team in CFB is a terrible thing, I am just saying you have to acknowledge that those teams normally don't ever play opponents of equal talent levels. (See: AJ McCarron, Tim Tebow)

I don’t really follow what listing all those teams proves...

As far as knocking QB’s for playing on a championship team, it hasn’t hurt Deshaun Watson. He’s one of the best young QB’s in the league right now. Cam Newton won an MVP and went to a Super Bowl. Peyton Manning played at Tennessee who won one the year after he left.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: BURROW souped up version of Dalton - Nicomo Cosca - 04-17-2020, 08:06 PM