Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
BURROW souped up version of Dalton
Hi guys, first post from a pretty green NFL fan (only two full seasons under my belt), so be patient. The Burrow situation is really interesting, given the amount of draft capital that the Dolphins could pass our way. However, it seems like that scenario is becoming less likely everyday. Here are the points that make me question taking Burrow, which more experienced fans, like yourselves, may be able to educate me on:

1. It doesn't seem like a QB, by himself, can change the fortunes of a 2-14 team. Would it not be more prudent to spread the risk with say four or five picks over two drafts, than putting all our eggs in one basket with a position that is most susceptible to not meeting expectations? Baker Mayfield springs to mind...
2. If the Dolphins gave us a bunch of picks, including no. 5 overall, surely Tagovailoa or Herbert would still be available. Therefore, ending up with a load of picks and a still getting a talented QB.
3. (slightly tongue in cheek) does nobody think this has a whiff of Bo Callahan about it?
4. Was Burrow's season inflated, given the offensive team he had around him?
5. Is Dalton not being written off a bit early? In a switch of the question above, is he not being misjudged because of the team around him?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: BURROW souped up version of Dalton - NorthernIrishBengal - 04-18-2020, 02:30 PM