Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
BURROW souped up version of Dalton
(04-18-2020, 02:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Welcome, Irish. My answers to your questions...

1. A true franchise QB can absolutely change the fortunes of an entire team. The Panthers were 2-14 the year before they drafted Cam, and within 2 years they were a 12-4 division winning team. 2 years after that they had an MVP QB and were playing in the Super Bowl. Just one recent example off the top of my head.

2. I want absolutely nothing to do with either Tua or Herbert. The former is too much of a risk with all the injuries, and the latter will likely be a mediocre QB in the NFL, imo. If we (stupidly) traded out of #1 I’d want to keep Dalton another season, take some high end players at other positions, and go for a QB next draft.

3. No. Burrow’s teammates love him from everything I’ve heard.

4. I don’t think so. If anything, I think he made his WR’s and the guys around him look better. LSU had some really good players, but they were hardly the most stacked college team I’ve ever seen. Yet Burrow had the best season by a college QB ever.

5. Dalton has had 9 years. That’s an eternity in the NFL. He’s had 5 different OC’s, 2 different HC’s, a bunch of different WR’s (including one of the best in AJ), and he’s always come up short. He just couldn’t get us over the hump. It obviously wasn’t completely his fault, but he certainly deserves his fair share of the blame. Especially his play in the playoffs. It’s just time to move on.

Good good. Starting to come round to the idea with less trepidation now. What's the feeling in Cincy? Would there be rioting in the streets if he's traded away? Being an avid listener of the 'Around the NFL' podcast, I get the impression that the fanbase have been pretty pissed off with the franchise's lack of ambition for a long time now. Would this be the final nail in the coffin?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: BURROW souped up version of Dalton - NorthernIrishBengal - 04-18-2020, 03:06 PM