Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
'Smart as any in QB prospect in a long time'
(04-17-2020, 03:23 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: The thing is, if he or anyone else looked, Joe started to play really good football the last half of 2018. Then he ran with that success into 2019

Yep...a lot of folks weren't watching LSU close the season.  A quote I heard on Mo's show from one analyst (sorry, forget who) said something to the effect of "the guy has not played an average game in 20 starts".  He said he was excellent in his last 20 starts without one average game.  That's pretty damn impressive, considering his competition.

As I understand it, he really took off when the coaches started giving him more to digest.   They admitted that they held back a bit in the beginning because they didn't want to overwhelm him.  Another sign of his intelligence.

Oh, and I believe he scored a 36 on the Wunderlich.   A lot of people, including me, could care less about this unless you do really, really poorly.  I heard Tua got a 13.  Ouch.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Smart as any in QB prospect in a long time' - SHRacerX - 04-21-2020, 09:05 AM