Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TJ on John Ross: 'They took his confidence'
(04-18-2020, 08:00 PM)impactplaya Wrote: John Ross has like 4 rushing attempts in his career 
Various OCs and HCs 3 years in still have no idea how to get the ball in his hands 
When you send a WR in motion , it gets the eyes of the defense 
To follow him. 
He's ideal for jet sweeps jet motion etc 
If Tyreek Hill was a Bengal he wouldn't be used proper here either 

To be fair (and the Ross haters, sharpen your pens for the counterattack), Ross was not what Marvin wanted at all.  Marvin wanted Reuben Foster.  He didn't want a speedy WR with some injury history.  He simply doesn't fit Marvin's mold.  Say what you will about how Ross prepared and didn't stay healthy, but everything from the benching after his fumble to the "healthy scratch" video showed there was a contentious relationship there. 

I loved Marvin for what he did here, but was well over him as too conservative and predictable for our future.  Enter Zac Taylor.  A new chance for a guy like Ross.  However, it took the Bengals so long to assemble his staff and put together their game plan....only to see it go to crap when their LT goes down and their LG retires.  Then, for good measure, AJ Green never plays a snap.

Let's give the coaches, the new QB, and the entire team this year before we make up our mind on them....especially a guy like Ross. 

Sure, you can say "HE'S HAD SO MANY CHANCES" and other rants...that is fine.  I am giving the guy this year.  I still believe he is an amazing talent.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: TJ on John Ross: 'They took his confidence' - SHRacerX - 04-19-2020, 09:48 AM