Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TJ on John Ross: 'They took his confidence'
(04-22-2020, 04:26 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: So, I guess it's just to Ross that he's not accurate with? Fred, I'd love for you to review every deep ball that he and Driskel tried to throw to Ross. I saw at least 4 TDs missed to him when he was open by a step or more. It was either vastly underthrown or overthrown. 
So, I disagree with your stats, at least when it pertains to Ross and his speed. 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2019/2018-19-deep-ball-project

2018 Deep Ball Accuracy
Tom Brady: 37.5%
Drew Brees: 52.1%
Russell Wilson: 59.0%
Matthew Stafford: 40.9%
Ben Roethlisberger: 33.9%
Joe Flacco: 37.1%
Deshaun Watson: 46.7%
Andy Dalton: 46.4%
Aaron Rodgers: 47.1%
Cam Newton: 37.9%

If deep passes were something that everyone could complete on a regular basis, that's all they would ever throw. It's almost as if having a guy run 20+ yards down the field and throwing a ball to meet him in mid-stride while he's being covered by 1-2 people whose job is to stop him from catching the ball is a hard thing.

Dalton was right there with Watson and Rodgers, and way above Roethlisberger and Brady in 2018 with just half a season from AJ Green, a garbage OL, and a terrible OC.

The average accuracy the article found for QB deep passes was 46.6%

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Also keep in mind while you recall the vastly overthrown or underthrown. If you're using the term vastly, then consider that Ross wasn't where he was supposed to be. Guys who quit on routes or run wrong routes don't exactly get the benefit of doubt that they are in the right spot when you start using the word "vastly".

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: TJ on John Ross: 'They took his confidence' - TheLeonardLeap - 04-22-2020, 04:39 PM