Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Comparing AJ Green and Tee Higgins as prospects
(04-27-2020, 01:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Great thread, Crazyjdawg. I’m liking this pick more and more.

I’m not surprised one bit Taylor went with Higgins after reading that little snippet about his personality and work ethic. ZT loves these high character guys.

Thanks! I'm glad to be winning you over Tongue. His personality and work ethic is definitely one of his many strengths.

(04-27-2020, 01:47 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: I don't know. I'll tweet it to Ace Boogie and John Sheeran. 

Thanks! :)

(04-27-2020, 03:51 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Great breakdown.. the one worry i have with WR more and more today is there is little pressure at the line, most struggle with separation at snap which in the NFL can be death to overcome.. AJ was strong coming off the ball right his 1st year.. if Tee can get close that he will be a great addition.  2020 is setting up to be more like 2011 but with a better QB AJ as a veteran and "Tee Green" :),  outside of our line, 2020 weapons are looking good compared to 2011 playoff run.... :)

I think the beauty of players like AJ Green and Tee Higgins is they don't really have to make horizontal separation in order to be open. It's great when they do get it, and they both do it pretty frequently, but they are both incredibly good at creating vertical separation, by which I mean they are open when other receivers are not because they can high point the ball so well. So many of both Green's and Higgins' best catches from their college days were caught around a defender's head or over the defender's shoulder because they were just physically larger and more imposing than the person covering them.

Higgins has some nifty moves at the line and I think he'll have similar get off as Green. Handling the press has never been a huge strength of Green, but he does it well enough to make it risky if the cornerback whiffs or doesn't do it well enough. I expect Higgins will have that same level of risk vs reward in pressing him.

If we could make a playoff run this season, that would be so sweet!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Comparing AJ Green and Tee Higgins as prospects - CJD - 04-27-2020, 04:18 PM