Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2020 Success is Now Up to the Coaches
(04-27-2020, 03:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'll be the one to come out with the opinion that;  Our rapidly assembled coaching staff that was at a time disadvantage compared to most other coaching staffs, didn't take too kindly to massive defeat last season.  They were not only late in being assembled, but for a variety of reasons, were essentially forced to go to war "with the army they had".  Zac Taylor, having had a season and now a full compliment of roster building opportunity, has developed his plan to take the Bengals to the top of the league.

Coaches are competitive individuals, as much so as the athletes themselves.  I feel comfortable in assuming that Taylor and the staff were all likely quite embarrassed by last year's product, and have all vowed to never wind up in that situation again.

I'm most impressed by the job they did working with what they had. More to the point, I think they did a great job in evaluating what they had over the course of the season. 

Obviously, they were not impressed with the quality of defensive talent. They weren't afraid to let some of them go, and they went out and got 4 new starters in free agency, then drafted 3 LBs and a DE. They signed another Edge and another LB as UDFAs. We could have as many as 6 new starters in 2020. 

Bynes
Bell
Alexander
Waynes 
Morgan
Davis-Gaither

Not sure what's going to happen with Bailey. I hope they can not re-sign Bynes next year. Pratt, Bailey, Morgan, and Davis-Gaither would be a formidable young group. 

I don't what I'm more excited about. Burrow or this young D? 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 Success is Now Up to the Coaches - BURROWorBUST - 04-27-2020, 03:26 PM