Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some possible cuts... Larry Warford
(04-29-2020, 05:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: While certainly not spectacular, his overall grade of 71 would have easily been the best of any of our OL, last season.  While I think that close to $9M is too high for what he provides.  The way I see it, Andy is looking more likely to be cut, than dealt at this point, so might as well continue to build the OL.  

What would be fair for a guy like Warford?  I'm thinking 2 years/$13M or 3 years/$18M.  He's 28, never missed any significant time due to injury, never heard of his name in the news for negative reasons.  In nearly 6,500 snaps over 7 seasons, he's only been flagged a grand total of 17 times, or averaging just under 2.5 penalties/season.  The guy seems pretty solid and steady.

Ideally because of NO's 4th worst cap space and dead money due they can let Cincy work a long term deal and get a 7th out of it.  He went to HS and College at KY, maybe if his market value is 9M/yr he takes 8M and a higher guarantee in the first two years.  

This man has made the last three pro bowls, he is worth the money.  As big as he is, he is athletic enough for their scheme but still packs a punch and gives NEEDED stability on the OL.  Give me a guy of this quality anywhere on the OL and I'll gladly change my sig.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some possible cuts... Larry Warford - phil413 - 04-29-2020, 05:40 PM