Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some possible cuts... Larry Warford
I don't have PFF either, but Rotoworld's April 24 update on him says that PFF has him as the 30th rated guard out of 82 qualifiers. Are you guys sure he's not like maybe the 8th best *right guard* in the league?

Regardless, looking at the situation it does look like he's on the move one way or another.

According to Wikipedia last year he was the 3rd alternate to the pro bowl, so basically 6th in voting in the NFC. Don't get me wrong, I'd still welcome his addition at this point, via trade OR Fa signing.

Also per Wikipedia he graduated high school in Richmond, KY, about an hour and a half from Cincy. So locality may appeal to him.

One tradeable chip we have IMO is Alex Erickson. His return skills are redundant now that we have Wilson and Phillips (ha ha, Wilson Phillips), and right now he's like a 5th or 6th WR in the rotation for around 2M. We'd save 1.9 by trading him. And he's in the last year of his contract. And NO could use some depth at WR.

I don't see Shaun Williams as a viable trade chip for the following reasons: If NO is trading Wharton because of the cap, why would they want to take on another 4.4M for a safety? Also, that would just give us a depth problem at that position (not so with Erickson because back-of-the-roster WRs are a dime a dozen). Part of the point of bringing in Bell was that we'd have a great 3 safety look to compensate for our LB problems. We'd just be taking a step backward in that regard. I doubt Williams is going anywhere, folks.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some possible cuts... Larry Warford - Geno_Can_Dunk - 04-30-2020, 03:26 PM