Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bob McGinn evaluations of our drafted players
(04-29-2020, 08:05 PM)corpjet Wrote: I had the same concerns about Tee Higgins, he was a man amongst boys in college and bullied his way to make the contested catch, don't think that will happen at the next level. Played with one of the nations best passers (T Lawrence aka Joe Dirt) and one of the best teams in the country which doesn't always translate to the NFL (see Dre K for comparison).   Also think he plays soft, I hope Im wrong because we cant miss another 2nd round pick for the 2nd year in a row.

Don't know enough to comment on the rest of them but i do know the T from Kansas sounded intelligent as heck in his post draft interview.

I think the notable bit is that he was still the top rated WR on the board according to the rankings and his draft range is right where we took him

If he was legitimately unable to get separation, no way they'd collectively rank him as a fringe first round prospect. As with many draft profiles, you need to find some weaknesses, even if they're minor or exaggerated in the report. 

When I watch him on film I see him separating pretty consistently, as well as running away from CBs and safeties. His workout numbers are a shame and he could stand to be a little more athletic (who couldn't? ) but he's got #1 WR talent. I'm not sure he'll ever be a super star all pro type, but he could easily be a 1000 yard receiver in the NFL. And how much more can you ask from a 2nd round pick? 

I just love that he'll be paired up with the best back shoulder thrower in college last year and will learn from his idol, Green. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bob McGinn evaluations of our drafted players - CJD - 04-29-2020, 10:43 PM