Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Thank you Andy
(05-01-2020, 02:50 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: I typically don't do Thanks, athlete threads. And I'm not sure I want to do one here. I only reserve those for things that go Above and Beyond. But...

I will say that I appreciate Andy's effort in giving to great cause in and being actively involved in the Cincinnati charitable setting. For that type of thing I have appreciation and respect. I will tip my cap. He is one among many other Bengals who have participated this way, and IIRC, Peko, and others have also. Since I didn't comment on their Thanks threads, I guess I will send a shout out to all of those guys who have participated well in the community that I both know and don't know about.

Having said that, I will also say this. I'm not interested in throwing shade at Andy, and I don't want this to be taken that way. But I personally don't put Andy above anybody else (including Palmer) as a person (mainly in terms of conduct around the team, not off the field) or a player (especially as a player). That's just my opinion and if others feel differently, no issues. However, I simply don't feel that Andy needs to be put on a pedestal as a saint. IMO, he definitely hasn't done anything to warrant that. Just like many players that have come and gone in the NFL and Cincinnati, Andy fulfilled his obligations. Nothing less and also nothing more. IMO, he's just like most athletes who play hard and enjoy playing for their teams, but also have an ego and a selfish component. Once their time on the field ends, their objective is what's best for "me" and mostly I don't hold it against them. It's a violent sport where one never comes back fully healthy. So, I feel Andy has fulfilled his obligations to the team in a professional manner and that's what I expect out of an NFL player. I don't feel he is "classy" and I don't feel he is something that is "not classy". He's like any decent professional person in any walk of life, and like any decent professional athlete in sports. There are certainly many athletes who I can think of that are not classy, and very petty, and lack good qualities in how they conduct themselves. Andy is not one of those people. But having said that, I don't necessarily think he's "classy" either. I will just repeat: he went about his job like expected. No above or beyond. And that's how I rate him.

I will end this with best of luck to Andy, but hope he never beats the Bengals or helps a team to do so in his life.

For me it's not so much about who's a good person, who is selfish or whatever. I've had a lot of good times watching the Bengals over the last decade. Whether it was at home or at the stadium... I watched games with dear friends, my dad, and people who are no longer here, or are no longer in my life. Andy Dalton was part of that. That's why I thank him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Thank you Andy - motoarch - 04-30-2020, 02:33 PM
RE: Thank you Andy - muskiesfan - 04-30-2020, 02:39 PM
RE: Thank you Andy - WiregrassBenGal - 04-30-2020, 03:50 PM
RE: Thank you Andy - bengaloo - 04-30-2020, 04:14 PM
RE: Thank you Andy - Brownshoe - 04-30-2020, 04:20 PM
RE: Thank you Andy - Fan_in_Kettering - 04-30-2020, 04:41 PM
RE: Thank you Andy - SHRacerX - 05-01-2020, 10:33 AM
RE: Thank you Andy - Wyche'sWarrior - 05-01-2020, 11:27 AM