Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Salary Cap After Dalton cut
(05-04-2020, 01:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don' really see any free agents I would want to take a chance on, and the only extension I want is Mixon.

Mixon will be the easiest to work out a deal because he is only due to make $1.2 million this year.  We would not have to pay him like elite RBs.  I'm guessing he would gladly sign a 4 year $32 million deal.  That would be the 7th highest average salary for a RB which I think is about his value right now.  But best of all for Mixon he could get like $10 million in his pocket today as a signing bonus.    

I know RBs wear out quickly, but we could give him a 4 year extension and he would still just turn 27 a month before the final season of the deal.

I have a feeling Mixon could have a huge year and be a lot more expensive to re-sign next offseason.  And I don't by the myth that talent at RB does not help a team win.

I think William Jackson will have a bounce back year, but he is too big of a mystery to give a long term extension.

I love AJ, but it would be crazy to give him a long term deal without seeing if he can still play.  Even health WRs decline at his age.  We have no idea what he will look like on the field.  

I still have high hopes for Lawson.  I think he might benefit a lot to the switch to 3-4.  Even when he did not get a lot of sacks he was still getting "hurries".  But, again, I am not willing to give him a big long term extension without seeing another season.

I love Mixon, but my fear is the same one I have with any running back. They are high on the injury and end/alter career list. My fear is eating a whole bunch of dead money. So, I like the idea of extending Mixon, but for limited guaranteed money. 

As for AJ, yes he is a risk too due to age and recent issues. But again, I would love to see a 3 year team friendly deal with only 22 to 24 million guaranteed over the 3 years. That would lower our cap in 2020 as well. and give us more money.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
2020 Salary Cap After Dalton cut - Luvnit2 - 05-03-2020, 11:02 PM
RE: 2020 Salary Cap After Dalton cut - Luvnit2 - 05-04-2020, 02:20 PM