Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What say you who give up on rookies and call them a bust?
I don't think Jordan was drafted with the intent of being a starter in 2019. The team surely had some idea of Boling's health situation, but even then the projected starters on the left side were Williams and Glenn until they weren't.

His play can't really be defended early in the season. He got manhandled up until he was benched vs Pittsburgh in that Monday night game. Still, they didn't give up on him and he looked like he'd learned from his first action vs NFL d-linemen in his second stint as a starter. The makes me think that he has what it takes mentally to play at the pro level. It's just a matter of strength and conditioning.

I think that MJ's role on the team depends mostly on his physical development. He's definitely got the frame to add some muscle and get the job done.

There's a decent chance that it will be rough going with a first year starter at LT and a developing starter at LG on the field together, but I don't think it's far fetched to view those two as the long-term future on that side. The positive side of it for Jordan is that he's gotten his feet wet and (hopefully with the current situation) will have a full year in a NFL strength program. Boling was pretty bad in year 1. He may not have been as bad as MJ was in 19, but he was still pretty awful. Then he adjusted to the pro game and became a cornerstone for a long time. Hopefully MJ follows Boling's trajectory. I think he's got more potential from a physical standpoint than Boling did.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What say you who give up on rookies and call them a bust? - samhain - 05-04-2020, 05:48 PM