Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What say you who give up on rookies and call them a bust?
(05-04-2020, 12:58 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Come on, we know you are out there busting on rookies. Some have said Jordan was horrible, but did they realize he was a 20 year old rookie playing against 30 year old men in the NFL?

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-guard-michael-jordan-looks-to-be-a-force-in-the-making?fbclid=IwAR3iROwBfbc27dgAKbiZysrUew9twth6yLLMY1DNvGSkltYqt6mdV6w-aTA

Nice article on the now only 21 year old OL for the Bengals. Let's see how he progresses in 2020. He is also a local young man and fan.

Have I been critical of Jordan for last year's performance? Yes.
I have not called him a bust though for precisely the reason you bring up in the OP: He's a rookie.

My criticism has been around the fact I didn't think he was ready to start last year and play well (which he didn't), and as such thought he should ride the bench in favor of a proven veteran until he's more well groomed.

With all that said, I understand the concept that he's going to learn best by doing, so put the kid out there and let him grow. We're just going to have to deal with the growing pains along the way.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What say you who give up on rookies and call them a bust? - ochocincos - 05-04-2020, 07:08 PM