Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former MLB Groundskeeper claims Pete Rose corked bats.
(05-10-2020, 10:34 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Not even top 25 and arguable on top 50.

Has nothing to do with the post-playing days either: aside from a shit-ton of singles, he was never a top 3 player at his position, year in, year out.

George Foster, Johnny Bench, Barry Larkin, Joe Morgan were better players, off the top of my head.

I agree that he wasn’t a top 25 player of all time. I don’t consider him to be a typical singles hitter. He had over a 1000 extra base hits or around 25% of his hits. He wasn’t close to a power hitter but wasn’t an Ozzie Smith type hitter either. Johnny Bench was obviously the best player that the Reds ever had. Tom Seaver and Frank Robinson were pretty damn good too. Pete’s long term consistency was absolutely amazing. His versatility at being an All Star at 5 different positions will never be matched. His hits title would fall before that does. I’ve never seen a list ranking the best players regardless of position though everyone knows who number 1 was.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Former MLB Groundskeeper claims Pete Rose corked bats. - Circleville Guy - 05-10-2020, 11:57 PM