Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
This is the best Bengals team (on paper) in a while
On paper, yes

Myself and several others have posted a couple times now in different threads that we're not so much setting a number of wins as a measure of success.

I don't expect this team to hit the ground running, firing on all cylinders, however you want to put it ? Lots of new faces coupled with young relatively inexperienced coaching staff isn't a recipe for instant success. Then when you throw in shortened/altered preseason, ummm odds are just against it.

This team started the downhill slide midway thru 2015 and hasn't recovered since ! In other words there's a lot of work to do to pull this thing together. There's probably gonna be somewhere between 6-10 new starters and several others getting significant snaps in a new system.

Having said all of that I don't think a decent to even very good season is out of the question ? But still I'm more interested in seeing a team coming together, a team that looks like they belong, a team gaining cohesion and chemistry, a team that doesn't look overwhelmed, a team that's "in it".

More so than I am seeing X number of wins. Does that mean 3-13/14 is good ? NO But I want to "see" success in sustained drives, scoring in the red zone, forcing turnovers, getting off the field on 3rd down, not letting our defensive middle get roasted, not allowing outside runs embarrassing us regularly...….. more than I do any measuring stick of wins.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is the best Bengals team (on paper) in a while - bengalfan74 - 05-05-2020, 09:43 AM