Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just how good is the AFC North ?
(05-06-2020, 01:48 PM)McC Wrote: Wilson is nothing like Jackson.  Wilson runs only when he needs to.  And he excels at not taking hits.

Jackson running is a key part of their offense.  If he's not running for seventy or more yards per game, their offense is severely handicapped.  They have to have him being a ball carrier.  Because of that, he is much more in harm's way.   What is implied but unsaid is yes, we know you can't last in this system but we don't give a shit if it gets us a SB.

There has been a whole off season to dissect the Ratbirds' offense by coordinators around the league.  That matters a lot.  The Wildcat offense gave defenses fits for about a year.  Defenses catch up to gimmicks.  They will not be 14-2 again.  They will still be good but not 14-2 good.  12-4 is their ceiling, imo.

I know LJ isn't exactly like RW, but many people said Russell would break after a few years because of how he plays.. Just saying, everyone always claims the latest mobile QB is 'going to break'... some do, some don't. RG3 was quick, Cam took ~8 years, Deshaun Watson seems to be doing ok...

I watched a decent amount of Raven games last year (6ish?) and Lamar does a pretty good job of defending himself. He runs out of bounds to avoid hits a lot more than you would think. He doesn't against our crummy D because there hasn't been anyone intimidating enough to avoid. He is a smart kid and is doing his best to avoid injury and personally I hope he stays healthy.

Their offense is far more advanced than the wildcat.. i wouldn't call it a gimmick. They can throw when they need to. Jackson put up 485 yards and 6TDs with a 67.7% completion percentage on 65 attempts against the Browns. I think we as Bengal fans are reluctant to recognize the talent the Ravens have over there. They are going to be good for a few more years sorry to say.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just how good is the AFC North ? - McC - 05-06-2020, 01:48 PM
RE: Just how good is the AFC North ? - GreenCornBengal - 05-06-2020, 02:00 PM
RE: Just how good is the AFC North ? - McC - 05-06-2020, 04:39 PM
RE: Just how good is the AFC North ? - McC - 05-06-2020, 07:59 PM