Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just how good is the AFC North ?
(05-06-2020, 04:39 PM)McC Wrote: I didn't say they wouldn't be good.  They will be good but they won't be taking the league by storm like last year.  As I said, 12-4 is their ceiling.

And yes, their offense is a gimmick.  If you take away their running game, they are screwed.  Lamar is not a pocket passer.  Think back to the playoff game.

Did Lamar ever slide all year?  Wilson does.  A lot.

Cam is 6'5" and 250.  Lamar is not.  He's way closer to RGIII in stature than Cam.   Sure, he's hard to catch but it only takes one.  He missed time his rookie year, in fact.

Watson runs when it's there.  But they don't go into the huddle and call running plays for him like the Rats do with Jackson.  That's also a different situation than Jackson.  And Watson has been hurt from time to time.

Watson, Wilson, even Cam are apples to oranges comparisons with Jackson.

Agree to disagree on their offense not being a gimmick. There is no way to convince you otherwise. *shrugs*

Give me some apples to apples comparisons then... the only player remotely close to this in the last 20 years is Mike Vick and believe it or not his injury history is pretty good. He actually got hurt more often after he came back into the league and wanted to be a pocket passer.

How about Kaepernick? He didn't suffer many injuries (if any, didn't look).

Who are all of these running QBs that are always getting hurt anyways?

I see more injuries from guys like David Carr, Andrew Luck and Sam Bradford. Seems to me it might be even more dangerous to be immobile in the pocket. As you said, it only takes one hit... why can't that hit happen inside the pocket??? Just because a guy is running up the field or laterally makes him more susceptible to injury? Carson Palmer was standing like a statue when he took a shot to his lower leg...

I don't buy this 'one hit away' for the mysterious running QB being more likely than for the pocket passer.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just how good is the AFC North ? - McC - 05-06-2020, 01:48 PM
RE: Just how good is the AFC North ? - McC - 05-06-2020, 04:39 PM
RE: Just how good is the AFC North ? - GreenCornBengal - 05-06-2020, 05:00 PM
RE: Just how good is the AFC North ? - McC - 05-06-2020, 07:59 PM