Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The amount of change to our starting line up
(05-06-2020, 10:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: While I agree with all your overall points, including the addition of Higgins (and YES, this roster turnover is unprecedented), but Ross doesn't have relatively limited uses.  They choose to have him run a lot of verticals to draw safety coverage deep and open up the middle of the field.  I have no idea why they don't use him more on end-arounds, screens, slants, etc.  He STILL scores a TD roughly every 5 times he touches the ball.  He did that in college and he has done that in the NFL.   He did all kinds of things in college.  He was not a "limited" player then and he isn't now. 
With that kind of home run potential, I would be scheming ways to get the ball in his hands.  If a DB plays off him (which is what I saw a lot of the time), throw him a quick screen and if he makes that one guy miss, it could be off to the races.  
This is the year.  No excuses about tanking, roster evaluation, offensive line, no running game, etc.  With Green, Ross, and Mixon all on the field at the same time and all three in essential contract years, this offense is due to explode and I think Ross will be a big part of that.  

I've seen Ross make some catches in the end zone in extremely tight windows and get blown up, and am amazed he hung onto the ball. I've also seen him drop some incredibly easy catches that I could have caught. I think his problem all comes down to concentration and he's too worried about running with the ball before he catches it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The amount of change to our starting line up - Sled21 - 05-06-2020, 10:43 AM