Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The amount of change to our starting line up
(05-06-2020, 01:26 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: I'm not 'jumping down your throat,' but this is a discussion board, and so I'm going to discuss why I disagree with you. 

Locker rooms are full of guys with vastly different backgrounds. What unites them is they want to play well and win. They don't have to have to be the same person off the field to complete passes. Whitworth and Ochocinco probably have nothing in common either but I've seen them praise each other as teammates. 

Not to mention, you're making a lot of assumptions about what Ross values off the field, and on both Ross and Dalton's abililty to get along with people different than them. 

I agree with you, there are vastly different personalities in a locker room. However, I don't think the relationship between Whitworth and Ocho was too important to the teams success. Their roles were independent of each other

IMO, the QBs relationships with his receivers and line are highly important. Some guys are really good at meshing with all personalities, some not so much. Don't get me wrong, Dalton is clearly a leader and has shown the ability to lead a group of men to success in the past.. I just think as he got older his ability to do that has gotten weaker. It's not him, it's more of the next generation and what they value and how they act. Unless there is a side of Dalton we don't see, I just can't see him having that personality that fits the young 20-24 year olds. 

Again just my opinion, maybe they like playing ladder ball with Dalton at his house.... but maybe they don't....
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The amount of change to our starting line up - GreenCornBengal - 05-06-2020, 01:39 PM