Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parallels between Burrow and Andrew Luck in Year 1
(05-06-2020, 01:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 7 seasons, if you count 2017 where he played 0 games. (He also only played 7 games in 2015).

- - - - - - - - -

Also this thread is a bad comparison because the Colts intentionally tanked for Luck (Suck for Luck) and were a 10-6 team that won their division just the year before they went 2-14 (14-2 and went to the SB the year before that)... while the Bengals were just a really bad team coming off 3 straight losing seasons prior to going 2-14.

Not so sure I agree with these points...The Colts had poor QB play and a bad offensive line.  Sound familiar?  They didn't tank for luck.  Their team was just bad, and their division was pretty good.  

The Bengals had several bad drafts that caught up to them and, prior to now, they were unwilling to cut bait with their draft busts and address in FA.  The Bengals were not a bad team last year, but losing your LT, the guy that was going to be the starting LG, the best offensive weapon on the team, a starting CB, and a three game evaluation of a dud QB, all contributed to a 2-14 season.  The good?  They showed signs of improvement during the season.  They made major changes to the defense through FA and draft, and have another really good WR option for depth.  

So, in other words, I don't think the Colts were as good as you give them credit for and I don't think the Bengals were as bad as you make them sound.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Parallels between Burrow and Andrew Luck in Year 1 - SHRacerX - 05-06-2020, 04:41 PM