Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals on (essentially) one-year deals
(05-07-2020, 02:55 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: I really really hate the way salaries and the salary cap play out in the NFL. It makes it so hard for teams to keep all of their best players. You shouldn't have to give up a player just because you can't afford them. Something has to be done to stop the over-inflation of player salaries. I don't want to spend the time trying to "fix" the problem from here in my stupid basement, but I hope you all can relate to my frustration over how badly the current system sucks, especially for fans. What's a ticket cost these days?

This is typically the argument of salary cap vs no cap.
If you don't have a cap, you would have certain big market teams always buying up most of the good FA talent.
You could implement something like the NBA has, which is a (super) max for an individual player, but that still doesn't solve every problem.
You could remove the ability of FA completely, but IMO that's very unfair to the players.

An idea though I just thought of would be that there could be just a cap for external FA players. Teams could have an unlimited spending for players who have been with them their whole careers or players who have been released/traded.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals on (essentially) one-year deals - ochocincos - 05-07-2020, 03:13 PM