Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bucky Brooks: Bengals could be competitive quicker than many anticipate
Thanks for sharing, Holic. Nice to see something other than the old parroting of things that haven't been accurate for over a decade.

My biggest concerns this season:

LB corps gets up to speed quickly enough with limited practice schedule
The coaching staff has the right plan
Will there be enough pass rush

My biggest reasons for optimism:

The offense is loaded. We have rarely seen AJ and Ross on the field together. Sprinkle in Mixon, a better offensive line, and Joe Burrow and it could be special. We have not had a mobile QB in a long time. It is a huge difference maker.

The offensive line has no massive holes where they are throwing in bodies at the last second. Quality depth will provide competition at essentially every position. Think about last year that losing Jonah and Cordy before week 1...The backups were John Jerry, Andre Smith, and Michael Jordan. Although he struggled early and got baptism by fire, Jordan looks like he might have been a really solid rd 4 selection and could prove to be a quality starter judging by where he left off last year.

The massive DJ Reader in the middle immediately helps the run defense, both by his presence as a potential tackler and by occupying blockers to free up the LB corps, which is much faster sideline to sideline now.

Winners. Almost every FA. Almost every draft pick. Winners. Captains. The article touches on the culture aspect. Oh, and Joe Burrow: "I'm all about ball". When your QB is going to be the hardest working guy and has an unbelievable football IQ, there will be dedicated, proven winners all over the field in stripes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bucky Brooks: Bengals could be competitive quicker than many anticipate - SHRacerX - 05-16-2020, 09:32 AM