Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who ends up the "3rd WR" at the end of the season ?
(05-16-2020, 05:26 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I think the hope is that Ross breaks out and claims that other outside spot. Boyd owns the slot. Green is your #1. I think Higgins will be the primary backup at all three spots. If anyone falters in their production or gets hurt, he'll start. I am dubious Ross makes that leap, so I think Higgins starts by the end of the year.

All 4 will play a ton.

I think Burrowsl's accuracy makes Tate MORE valuable, rather than less. Ditto Green and Higgins. When a QB is all over the place (Dalton), guys like Tate can reel in some off target throws. But others are too far gone, lead to injury or TOs, and are missed opportunities. I read Dalton led the league in uncatchable % with a good pocket. Ouch.

If Burrow is a guy who can throw it where only his guy can catch it, Tate, Green, and AJ will make more plays. Plus, hitting guys in stride will also help speed guys (Ross) and slot guys (Boyd, Erickson). Everyone's YAC will go up with accurate throws.

I do think Burrows back shoulder ‘throw a guy open’ skills could make Tate more valuable, but I also think it diminishes him because now his lack of speed is more of a factor as his circus catches aren’t needed as often.

They have to use him right, I still think he could be a 3rd down red zone weapon.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who ends up the "3rd WR" at the end of the season ? - GreenCornBengal - 05-16-2020, 05:37 PM