Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who ends up the "3rd WR" at the end of the season ?
(05-18-2020, 11:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: There are very few scenarios where Ross is a Bengals in 2021.  

If he produces, they will not likely be able to afford him, should they even want to retain him.  If he is in a somewhat middling ground, he will probably believe that he could get more money elsewhere...and he would be right.  You can't pay Ross even Tyler Boyd money if you have Green extended and Boyd getting $10 million per year. If he doesn't produce at all, the Bengals might be able to sign him to a prove-it deal, but I would still imagine he would try his luck somewhere else.  

Oh I agree, the chances of Ross being a Bengal next season are slim at best. The only way I see him staying on the team is 1. AJ goes out injured again and that pretty much wraps up his career as a Bengal. 2. Ross and Burrow just light up the scoreboard.

This isn't about hate, Ross can't help he was over drafted. I just have doubts he's ever going to be a reliable  #1 or #2 or #3 ? Reliable staying healthy and on the field, reliable running the correct routes, showing up in crunch time, catching the damn ball.

I'd love, LOVE it if Ross played in 15 and 1/2 games, went for 1,150 receiving with 10 TD's, 185 rushing with a TD this season ! I'm just skeptical that's gonna happen
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who ends up the "3rd WR" at the end of the season ? - bengalfan74 - 05-18-2020, 12:31 PM