Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow "unapologetically himself"
(05-27-2020, 01:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The thing I've been afraid of is that the Bengals will attempt to neuter his personality. It just seemed like we've always discouraged players from having any type of personality. I don't have any rock solid evidence for that. Just the vibe I get, considering how bland all of our players tend to be, and how hated Chad was by people like Marvin.

Chad liked to provide extra motivation for himself, such as when he created that list. His goal was to be great. Marvin and co stifled that, discouraged any type of personality and tried to squeeze round pegs into square holes. There was nothing wrong with creating a little extra motivation. Michael Jordan did it all the time and that's the GOAT.

Not all players are the same, and hopefully our organization gets that and allows Burrow to be himself.

Zac is completely different then Marvin. Doubt he tries to neuter Burrow's confidence, would be beyond stupid.

(05-27-2020, 01:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This quote sounds a lot like what Michael Jordan has said through the years. He always said he never doubted himself because he knew he'd put in the work and preparation. Hence the confidence.

Also sounds like Burrow...

But yeah, I remember the year Jordan and the Bulls lost to the young Magic with Shaq and Penny and the next year Jordan 
came back with a vengeance and built up his body to take all the punishment. Similar to what he had to do against the Pistons
before he started taking over the world. Man, the Pistons in the day sure were a physical team to say the least.

Laimbeer would just hammer people man, crazy.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow "unapologetically himself" - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-28-2020, 12:14 PM