Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF ranks Bengals receiving corps #11
(05-20-2020, 07:05 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: "Unlike most situations highly drafted quarterbacks find themselves in, Joe Burrow will actually have weapons to throw to in Cincinnati next season. A.J. Green has struggled to stay healthy of late, but he is one of the game’s elite when he’s at 100 percent — he has recorded grades of 80.0 or higher in each season he has played in since 2012. Tyler Boyd, Tee Higgins and John Ross form a strong supporting cast, as well, and all bring their own strengths to the table. The big question with Cincinnati’s offense is the offensive line, but if that group can manage to hold up, Burrow could impress with this receiving corps early in his career."

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2020-nfl-season-receiving-corps-rankings

When I saw the teams at the top, I was puzzled.  Then I realized that they were talking about "receiving corps", including TEs.  Otherwise, no f'n way is Tampa #1...they still shouldn't be. 

They even make a comment about the offensive line.  Ok, is it receiving corps or offense?  

I think they have Cincy about right given the lack of elite talent at TE.  Maybe Sample shows he is worthy of his second round billing....one can hope.  But still:  the Bills are suddenly one of the best because they added Diggs?  The Lions?  Kenny Golladay is a stud in the making, but no way do I take him, Marvin Jones, and Amendola as a better threesome than Green, Ross, and Boyd.  Even with Hockenson.  The Chargers is a huge joke.  Keenan Allen and a RB?  Ok, if we are going to include RBs, we have two of the best receiving backs in the league with Mixon and Bernard...the Bengals have just not used them as receivers enough (I think that is changing).  The Panthers?  Seriously?  Just because of CMC? 

On the flip side, teams with underrated receiving corps:  Denver has quietly added a lot of talent on both sides of the ball.  They could surprise this year if Lock can take another step.  The Cardinals are loaded now with the addition of Hopkins, the ever-steady LFitz, and I think Isabella takes a big step in year 2.  The 49ers will have a lot of chances on offense due to their amazing defense, and adding Aiyuk to Kittle and Samuel will be a tough corps.  Lastly, I think pairing old man Rivers with one of the best offensive lines in the league will pay dividends to the likes of Hilton, Campbell, Pascal, and the addition of Michael Pittman.  

Lastly, it must have really butthurt Florio to see his site label his steelers below the Bengals in ANYTHING.  Suck it, douchebag.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF ranks Bengals receiving corps #11 - SHRacerX - 05-21-2020, 10:33 AM