Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A TON of Pressure on Zac Taylor
On the topic of the coaching staff in general, it's difficult to conclude much from last year. The margin between winning and losing is just so thin that all of the following could easily lead to a 2-14 season EVEN IF Taylor eventually proves to be a good coach (which, again, we don't know yet):

a. ZT's first year as a head coach at any level
b. Hired late in the process, didn't get most of the assistants he wanted. I mean Anarumo was what, our 4th or 5th choice?
c. New system being installed, new player-coach relationships being built, and an organization-wide over-estimation of the talent on our roster that can hardly be pinned on ZT. It's clear that with input from the coaches management came back down to earth about where we're at talent-wise.
d. Between Boling, Glenn and Williams, the left side of the OL collapsed. And A.J. was out for the year.

So honestly, this time next year the main narrative on this board COULD be "how did we manage to pick the worst coach in club history in ZT? Who do we give the keys to next?" But it COULD also be "this guy is sharp, his players buy in, he's learning in his role and we are ascending."

My point is it's really hard to tell and hard to conclude anything from last year. He's never very specific, but ZT has even hinted as all the things he learned last year, and that's a good sign. It takes humility and emotional intelligence to improve at your craft, and I think he has that.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A TON of Pressure on Zac Taylor - McC - 05-22-2020, 05:31 PM
RE: A TON of Pressure on Zac Taylor - CJD - 05-22-2020, 12:04 PM
RE: A TON of Pressure on Zac Taylor - CJD - 05-22-2020, 01:41 PM
RE: A TON of Pressure on Zac Taylor - CJD - 05-23-2020, 12:17 PM
RE: A TON of Pressure on Zac Taylor - CJD - 05-22-2020, 01:38 PM
RE: A TON of Pressure on Zac Taylor - McC - 05-22-2020, 01:00 PM
RE: A TON of Pressure on Zac Taylor - McC - 05-23-2020, 10:09 AM
RE: A TON of Pressure on Zac Taylor - Geno_Can_Dunk - 05-22-2020, 01:04 PM
RE: A TON of Pressure on Zac Taylor - 'E' - 05-26-2020, 08:36 AM