Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A TON of Pressure on Zac Taylor
(05-22-2020, 01:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Total bullshit

More bullshit.

I am willing to give Zac some slack because of the unexpected loss of Boling, Williams, Glen and Green before the season even started.  But he did not suffer any major losses on defense and that unit was still one of the worst in Bengal history.  He definitely has not shown any sort of a "cultural change".  

I give him an "incomplete" as a grade so far, but he has not really shown anything positive at all as a head coach.

While you weren't responding to my post I'll throw out a couple examples that pop to mind:

Adam Jones played a major role in the most embarrassing lost in club history AND THEN WE RE-SIGNED HIM. I just have a hard time seeing ZT do that. 

Preston Brown pulled a hammy (I think) in 2018, and even admitted that he let himself get out of shape and didn't work hard enough, and THEN WE EXTENDED HIM, and while that was just as ZT was coming in I doubt he had much to do with it. When he let his teammates down (again) we cut him. Only reason we didn't do the same with Glenn is we thought he still had trade value and LTs are hard to find. 

You're right that our D shouldn't have been that bad, but I chalk that up more to a) we had to settle on Anarumo after several other candidates shot us down and bc we couldn't hire ZT until after the super bowl, and b) at any given time we did have injuries to many of our CBs. Remember when Cooper Kupp just ate Tony McRae alive in the London game? Because he's Tony McCrae. He was in due to injury. That's a whole game that might've gone differently if not for injury. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A TON of Pressure on Zac Taylor - Geno_Can_Dunk - 05-22-2020, 01:32 PM
RE: A TON of Pressure on Zac Taylor - McC - 05-22-2020, 05:31 PM
RE: A TON of Pressure on Zac Taylor - CJD - 05-22-2020, 12:04 PM
RE: A TON of Pressure on Zac Taylor - CJD - 05-22-2020, 01:41 PM
RE: A TON of Pressure on Zac Taylor - CJD - 05-23-2020, 12:17 PM
RE: A TON of Pressure on Zac Taylor - CJD - 05-22-2020, 01:38 PM
RE: A TON of Pressure on Zac Taylor - McC - 05-22-2020, 01:00 PM
RE: A TON of Pressure on Zac Taylor - McC - 05-23-2020, 10:09 AM
RE: A TON of Pressure on Zac Taylor - 'E' - 05-26-2020, 08:36 AM