Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
'You come to Cincinnati to play in a damn jungle'
DL coach Nick Eason's message to the defensive line:

"My message is at some point in time you have to get mad. You have to get mad. You have to get mad. This is supposed to be, 'The Jungle.' In the jungle there are anacondas, snakes, mosquitoes and all kinds of creatures out there that make you uncomfortable. That's the way it has to be with the Bengals."

"You come to Cincinnati to play in a damn jungle. Making this a hostile environment the way it was when I came in here," says Eason, who played for the perpetually rebuilding Browns and the Super Bowl champion Steelers. "It was always uncomfortable coming in here to play. You knew you were in for a long day. I was playing against guys like Willie Anderson and (Eric) Steinbach."

https://www.bengals.com/news/look-behind-bengals-virtual-curtain
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2020, 03:16 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: DL coach Nick Eason's message to the defensive line:

"My message is at some point in time you have to get mad. You have to get mad. You have to get mad. This is supposed to be, 'The Jungle.' In the jungle there are anacondas, snakes, mosquitoes and all kinds of creatures out there that make you uncomfortable. That's the way it has to be with the Bengals."

"You come to Cincinnati to play in a damn jungle. Making this a hostile environment the way it was when I came in here," says Eason, who played for the perpetually rebuilding Browns and the Super Bowl champion Steelers. "It was always uncomfortable coming in here to play. You knew you were in for a long day. I was playing against guys like Willie Anderson and (Eric) Steinbach."

https://www.bengals.com/news/look-behind-bengals-virtual-curtain

Damn rights!!!Mad

I am liking Eason. Smirk
Reply/Quote
MAKE IT SO!!!

Reply/Quote
Nice sentiment and all, but a former Steelers player saying PBS was a hostile environment sounds like a bit of a line of BS to me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2020, 06:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Nice sentiment and all, but a former Steelers player saying PBS was a hostile environment sounds like a bit of a line of BS to me.

Lining up against Willie Anderson is no walk in the park man.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2020, 06:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Nice sentiment and all, but a former Steelers player saying PBS was a hostile environment sounds like a bit of a line of BS to me.

Really? They might own us in the W/L column, but the games were always nasty, and usually took a toll on both teams. Obviously it peaked while Burfict was here, but that’s just the AFC North in general honestly.

Reply/Quote
(05-30-2020, 06:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Really? They might own us in the W/L column, but the games were always nasty, and usually took a toll on both teams. Obviously it peaked while Burfict was here, but that’s just the AFC North in general honestly.

Plus we knocked them out of the playoffs multiple times and should of beat them in our last playoff game.

Yeah, we lost to them a lot under Marv but like you said, we usually weren't just pushovers. It got nasty as you say.
Reply/Quote

I remember as a season ticket holder we had it rockin before Steelers went on a run of wins... especially the 2015 playoffs the atmosphere was as high as i can remember it.. Steelers fans do travel well but we have and some aggressive crowds with the Steelers..
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2020, 06:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lining up against Willie Anderson is no walk in the park man.

Outside chance at HOF down the road I think.. 
Reply/Quote
Burfict got mad and cost us a playoff win. I would rather say, play with fervor!

I should really be a coach.
Reply/Quote
I know there are a lot of rivalries in the NFL. However, you don’t quite hear hits as hard in any other rivalry than you do against Bengals-stoolers.

Reply/Quote
(05-30-2020, 10:45 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I know there are a lot of rivalries in the NFL. However, you don’t quite hear hits as hard in any other rivalry than you do against Bengals-stoolers.

Yep, even Omar Epps has said "It Cincy week...you have to hit the weightroom extra hard this week", or something like that.  He is still a douche. 
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2020, 12:06 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yep, even Omar Epps has said "It Cincy week...you have to hit the weightroom extra hard this week", or something like that.  He is still a douche. 

Hilarious

Reply/Quote
Next time we have a good team the jungle will be rocking. On the players and FO to make it happen
Reply/Quote
I cannot wait to watch our new Linebackers laying the wood on those scumbags.
Reply/Quote
It's been quite some time since our defense has had any intimidation factor. It would be nice to get that back.
Reply/Quote
If this picture represents our crowd, looks more like a petting zoo than a Jungle.

[Image: anonymous-20181202173304.jpg]

I really hope the country is in a place where we can get back and enjoy sports and life again. Even if I have to wear a damn mask. Whatever

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2020, 08:29 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's been quite some time since our defense has had any intimidation factor. It would be nice to get that back.

And I believe we will.   With the additions of Reader, Bynes, Bell, Wilson, Waynes, McKensie and Davis-
Gaither and Bailey I think we'll have a very different ethos.  Not to mention the addition of Burreaux whose presence will trickle through the entire team - hopefully including the coaching.

I have high hopes for this team.  I think we're going to be kicking some serious butt - even if we take a loss the other team leaves not wanting a return trip.
Reply/Quote
I can’t remember who the players was but I remember he was a ex steeler and he said when was with the Steelers Tomlin told the rookies this will be the most physical game you will play. Basically preparing them for a rough weekend win or lose. I think it might have been a player that came to play here after playing there.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2020, 02:28 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote: I can’t remember who the players was but I remember he was a ex steeler and he said when was with the Steelers Tomlinson told the rookies this will be the most physical game you will play. Basically preparing them for a rough weekend won or lose. I think it might have been a player that came to play here after playing there.

My comment was more about how so many Steeler fans attend games in PBS I'd have a hard time considering the place ultra-hostile towards them, that's all.
Reply/Quote