Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Dad wanted to redo the outdoor bar..
(05-31-2020, 07:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Older cars were so easy to learn how to work on.  I had a '72 Dart with a 318, that also blew a water pump.  I was 17, the old man hated auto mechanics, and I was on my own.  After about an hour and a half, he begrudgingly came out to the garage, and was impressed that I was just putting things back together and got to see me elated when it started up and worked just fine.  (BTW, that water pump cost me about $30, back in 1986)

I had a 70 1/2 Camaro that I tore apart and put back together, several times, LOL. Can't do that anymore !

I just built my dad a wheel chair ramp in his garage. It was reengineered like 4 X LOL. I was totally unprepared and uninformed on what it would take. I had a little 2 hour job in mind. It took 2 days and 3 or 4 trips to Lowes. 

The drop from the floor level of the house to the garage level is 4 steps, it's like 3 feet or so. The first ramp I built was sorta like riding the beast at kings island haha.  Hilarious Compounding the problem is the furnace is right in the way. But after some busted knuckles, wasting two entire 29/32 sheets of plywood and like 30 2x4's later I finally got it.

I'll try and post some picks later.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So Dad wanted to redo the outdoor bar.. - bengalfan74 - 06-01-2020, 08:44 AM