Let's not sleep on Auden Tate in the WR mix
Saw Auden Tate really making some positive news
Over the weekend which was awesome to read
The drafting of Tee Higgins and AJ Greens
Return has added some juice and electricity
To the WR room.
I think forgeten about is how Auden Tate factor
In the scheme of things this year

Last year Tate had #2 CBs across from him at the LOS.
Despite all that he averaged 14.4 YPC and make great highlight
Reel grabs from bad QB most of the year
If the WR room stays healthy this year
I expect Tate to possibly get less targets but
More TDs this year
He will be facing the 4th CB on the depth chart at times
You figure Tate can win those battles downfield
I expect Tate to be a real factor in the red zone this year
Reply/Quote
Tate gonna be our Eifert
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2020, 03:21 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Tate gonna be our Eifert

I think he could be. Dude has some ball skills ad is tall.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Let me just say I'm anxious to see what Tate can do in new offense with Burrow throwing the ball.
Reply/Quote

And i personally would love to see them move him to TE, if for nothing else other than to get him on the field more.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2020, 03:53 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And i personally would love to see them move him to TE, if for nothing else other than to get him on the field more.

And I don't see why he couldn't lineup at TE here and there and run the traditional TE routes even if he's not officially switched to TE. Put the players on the field that are the best weapons.
Reply/Quote
Im dead ass serious about putting 20 more pounds on that frame, giving him some more blocking attention, and moving him to TE.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2020, 03:37 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Let me just say I'm anxious to see what Tate can do in new offense with Burrow throwing the ball.

With Burrow known for his accuracy, a hi thrown ball in the endzone to Tate could happen often.

(06-02-2020, 03:53 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And i personally would love to see them move him to TE, if for nothing else other than to get him on the field more.

I think he has more value at TE so I agree.

(06-02-2020, 04:11 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And I don't see why he couldn't lineup at TE here and there and run the traditional TE routes even if he's not officially switched to TE. Put the players on the field that are the best weapons.

Well, if we only did that when scheming, we may be tipping our cards.

Reply/Quote

Geez, why don't you just curse the guy.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2020, 04:29 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Im dead ass serious about putting 20 more pounds on that frame, giving him some more blocking attention, and moving him to TE.

He's 230 now, I think 10 lbs and line him outside. 
Reply/Quote
Yawn feeling sleepy
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2020, 03:37 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Let me just say I'm anxious to see what Tate can do in new offense with Burrow throwing the ball.

He might do worse. Last year he was know for catch radius and making the difficult catch with his hand strength. Joe hitting him between the numbers might not be his strong suit. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Assuming AJ Green is back and healthy,and also Tyler Boyd,this is going to take a lot of pressure off of Tate.Throw Joe Burrow into the mix and I could see Tate having a very productive season.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2020, 10:35 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Assuming AJ Green is back and healthy,and also Tyler Boyd,this is going to take a lot of pressure off of Tate.Throw Joe Burrow into the mix and I could see Tate having a very productive season.

His Gatorade mixing skills are going to really grow. Highly productive on the sideline for the true starters.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2020, 08:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He might do worse. Last year he was know for catch radius and making the difficult catch with his hand strength. Joe hitting him between the numbers might not be his strong suit. 

You have any evidence he will.do worse this year ?
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2020, 10:40 PM)impactplaya Wrote: You have any evidence he will.do worse this year ?

Define "do worse."

He will probably not put up the numbers this year that he did last year just because he likely won't get the targets he did last year.  We should have AJ for at least some games and they drafted Higgins in front of him.  He's #5 on the depth chart, so it would take a lot of guys going down at once for him to have a long stretch as a top 2 receiver this year like he did last year.
Reply/Quote
Tate is going nowhere.

He will make his money in the redzone and I expect him to be a key contributor.

Burrow is going to love throwing to him in the endzone.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Assuming AJ is healthy Tate won't get as many targets this year. Plus we added Higgins so the cupboard is fuller this year at WR depth wise too. As to Tate, he has the radius and makes the circus catches but in some ways he is the "Ivan DeJesus" of Wide Receivers (as a Cubs fan when I was young DeJesus was the starting Shortstop - he was good to make the eye popping plays but would let routine grounders go through his legs).
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2020, 10:40 PM)impactplaya Wrote: You have any evidence he will.do worse this year ?

Besides what I posted?

Sure:

AJ Green
Tee Higgins
John Ross
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2020, 04:11 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And I don't see why he couldn't lineup at TE here and there and run the traditional TE routes even if he's not officially switched to TE. Put the players on the field that are the best weapons.

I would move him off the ball and have him chip... if I was to utilize him like you want.

Tate does not have TE mass nor did he bench at the combine or pro day* (so maybe not even near TE strength)
Tate would need to learn to "fire out" of his 3-point stance, and do something productive against the DE while staying "true" to his route.

Keeping him off the ball, keeps him in his regular upright stance, and allows him space and time to adjust to the DE in order to make a contribution.... before running the route (which should be the easy part for a WR converting to TE).

One of the highlights of doing something like this is that the average height of a DB is under 6 foot**. And with a big receiver you can have better success throwing the short out pattern (that rewards pick 6s every year) due to simply height differential.

Just adding this because I would like him on the field more. And with the team moving forward. And he isn't a special team superstar***

* https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Auden&l=Tate&i=28241
** https://www.footballperspective.com/average-height-of-defensive-backs-and-wide-receivers/
*** https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/defense-special-teams-total-tackles?season_id=16
Reply/Quote