Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Let's not sleep on Auden Tate in the WR mix
(06-03-2020, 09:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It amazes my how so many Bengal fans act like thye have never seen a WR over 6'4" before.  Everytime some tall scrub shows up in training camp he is immediately a great red zone weapon.  The fact is that big slow guys like Auden Tate are a dime a dozen.  It takes A LOT MORE than just being tall to be an effective WR.

Tate put up numbers last year becasue our WR corps was shredded with injury.  He will barely see the field this year unless we are hit hard with injuries again.

I've seen alot of 6'4 WRs come into NFL and are out of the league in 4 tears or at best 5th stringers,. James Hardy...Jake Kumerow...Tyrone Calico..Stephen Hill. 

Auden Tate by your estimation wasn't even supposed to make the final 53 last year 
I saw,by many that the great Cody Core was supposed to make the roster over Tate 

Your not a Auden Tate fan. To each his own.
But to say he only put up numbers cause of injuries is really shallow thinking 
You know what you would have said if Tate dropped everything .....
" we had injures last year and Tate had his chance to put up numbers but he failed 
To do so" 
Like it or not Auden produced last year and was one of the few guys on the offense that 
Didn't regress. 
If it was all about injuries and what not why hasn't Alex Erickson done more ? 
He's had a million chances to step up and be a difference maker.
Erickson gets all this love on here for not doing too much.

Auden Tate may never become a dominating WR but the fact remains he made plays last year when 
His number was dialed up.and having 2 very inconsistant QB last year 
One who panicked when the pocket closed and the other who has the arm of 7th grade backup 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's not sleep on Auden Tate in the WR mix - impactplaya - 06-03-2020, 02:39 PM