Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Let's not sleep on Auden Tate in the WR mix
(06-04-2020, 07:49 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Can we drop the "he's big and slow" narrative?  When you portray that, it's almost like you're attempt to paint him as some overweight, lumbering OL.. 

4.68 isn't slow, just means he's not as quick out of the blocks.  He's a long stride runner, and has as good of a top speed as any player on the field.  He can counter that lack of exceptional short are quickness, by working hard on running precise routes, and using his size and exceptional body control to win the battle for the ball.

If opposing DCs and DBs discount him as much as you do, I'd say that he'll have a productive season.

Many people fall into the media hype trap. If WR X isn't a world class sprinter he isn't any good, can't get any separation, and it's a very false narrative.

Michael Thomas ran a 4.57 forty, slow by the talking heads evaluations, he's doing ok I believe. If you listed the top 25 WR's of all time a good chunk of them would be considered on the slow side.

There's way more to being an accomplished WR than just being able to out run a cheetah. There's a fellow on our team who will agree I'll bet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's not sleep on Auden Tate in the WR mix - bengalfan74 - 06-04-2020, 08:49 AM