Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Let's not sleep on Auden Tate in the WR mix
(06-08-2020, 05:01 PM)Au165 Wrote: Separation is the most overrated argument people use, he gets more than Mike Williams. He essentially gets the same amount of separation as Dez Bryant used to, and I'd use him the same way (slant, slug-go, fade). Better thrown balls create YAC. As I said, I think with good QB play he can be Mike Williams which is a high end 2 in this league.

As to the TE argument, simply calling someone a TE doesn't change who he is or how defenses will play him. He isn't going to quickly become a competent blocking TE, so you aren't going to attach him inline. This means you are essentially playing him as an H-Back which is just a fancy way of saying bigger WR. When people fall in love with H-Backs it's because they can split wide and create matchup issues, one of those being too big for CB's (he is already that), and too fast for LB's (adding weight doesn't help that), so he is already that match up. 

Learning to chip can help him in that role but yea essentially he would be a big slot receiver. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's not sleep on Auden Tate in the WR mix - Synric - 06-08-2020, 05:20 PM