Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
2020 draft class, do all 7 make 53 ?
As a Bengal and ND fan, who never misses a game, Khalid Kareem received no media attention and his praise was always short due to playing opposite of Detroit Lion's DE Romeo Okwara's little brother Julian Okwara (who is also a Lion's DE now).

Stat for stat Kareem/Okwara weren't that fair apart and before Okwara's injury Kareem was beating Okwara statistically in my opinion. Why did he end up with such mediocre stats? I think with only 1 serious DE in college he received extra consideration moving forward (more flexibility with extra OL sliding his way, backs chipping, etc.). So I he think comes in under-hyped as an NCAA player.

To the OP.... do I think they all make it to the 53?

Does getting call up from the practice squad mean making it? Because the obsession with 53 I always find weird, since a team can have a practice squad of 12* (+2 this year), and active roster of 53... BUT only dress 46 per game. So 7 players of said 53 aren't players that game. Just like the practice squad player's don't play that game. Making the 53 is more of a money thing in my mind because even PS players are still NFL players on the team.

So with that, I say they all make it. But honestly with a new staff turnover, and a major culture shift (leadership priority in player evaluations)... I could see all 7 making it. Plus when 1=1 you usually go with the cheaper and younger 1 which benefits newly drafted players. And our returning LBs could all fall in this 1=1 situation...

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Practice_squad
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 draft class, do all 7 make 53 ? - PAjwPhilly - 06-03-2020, 01:44 AM