Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My general expectations for draft picks
(06-03-2020, 02:33 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm pretty much in line with your thoughts.

Rd1 - I expect them to basically step right in and contribute with significant snaps. More or less plug and play.

Rd2 and 3 - I lump together. They should be accomplished players that can contribute their first season but may need a little coaching to make it to starter status. By their 2nd season they should be regular contributors. They should be starters by year 3 for sure.

Rd4 - I give a little more leeway, they're kinda on the bubble. They should be contributing by the end of their rookie contract.

Rds5-7 - umm they're pretty much a crap shoot. Especially 6 and 7. Getting regular starters down there is sporadic at best.

That is a pretty good template to go by.  Just keep in mind that some guys are overdrafted every year, due to runs on position groups, etc., thus causing other, perhaps even more talented players to slip to later rounds.  I mean, if the draft was perfect, hardly any players drafted after the 4th round would ever achieve full time starter status, and no players drafted in the 3rd or higher would ever "bust".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My general expectations for draft picks - SunsetBengal - 06-04-2020, 08:26 AM