Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chad is giving out “stimulus checks”
(06-30-2020, 05:55 PM)Dynnasti Wrote: Because the state makes money on every dollar collected something like .60 for every 1.00. Pretty high incentive to collect as much you can. So forgive me for dismissing the opinion of a prosecutor who has a conflict in interest because the state pays his salary.

Most men find it to be a nightmare. Even those who are unaware of what I’m saying or even disagree; guys just like you who want to do the right thing. Many men have committed suicide because it was just too much to bear.

The State isn't taking that money from the support paid by the fathers.  As I read, for every dollar a State spends on child support programs, the Federal Government reimburses them .66.  Some States, like Ohio for instance, add a small "poundage" fee to offset costs of operation and collections.  In Ohio, that fee is 2%.

The amount that a parent pays (yes, sometimes it's mothers that are the payer of child support) is a figure derived by totaling the income of both parents, determining a percentage deemed a "need", then the need is split by prorating to the higher or lower income of the payer and payee.  For example, if the two parents make a combined $100K (easy numbers for easy math), and the total "need" is determined to be $20K, if the Father makes say $60K and the mother only earns $40K, it is determined that he is responsible for 60% of the $20K need, or roughly $12K per year, or $1K per month.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chad is giving out “stimulus checks” - SunsetBengal - 06-30-2020, 06:23 PM