Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your ideal player selection for 2021 NFL draft?
(10-04-2020, 10:09 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: It depends on how Williams pans out this season.

If he looks like he can be the long term answer at LT, then I would go stud pass rusher in the first round and RT in the second.

If he looks iffy by season's end, then LT in the first and kick Jonah over to the right side, then go after DE or G in the second.

He's the Bengals' best pass protector right now.
He looks good, plus he won't be going against the likes of Bosa and Ingram every week.

If the season ended today, the Bengals are actually picking 13-14.
So if they pick in that range after the season, they aren't getting Sewell or Chase.

If they do pick in the 10-15 range, I like some of these prospects for the Bengals:
Alex Leatherwood, OT/G Alabama
Sam Cosmi, OT Texas
Walker Little, OT Stanford
Shaun Wade, CB Ohio St (if WJ3 leaves)
Patrick Surtain, CB Alabama (if WJ3 leaves)
Maybe Carlos Basham, DL Wake Forest
Micah Parsons, LB Penn St (although I could see him going 6-10 range)

If the team decides they really want another 1st round WR, there should be a handful of good options to pick from in that range.
I personally like Jaylen Waddle or Devonta Smith in that range. 

I haven't seen a lot of DL in the early part of 1st round aside from Rousseau and Basham, but I see quite a lot in the late 1st and in the 2nd.
I would probably put Rousseau in the Top 5 overall prospects with Lawrence, Fields, Sewell, and Chase, so he might be gone when the Bengals pick. Basham has that Dunlap size (6'6", 285 lbs) and stuffs the run well. He's also improved his pass rush year-to-year.

I think that given the difficult schedule remaining, the Bengals will end up picking Top 10 still, probably 4th at the highest.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is your ideal player selection for 2021 NFL draft? - ochocincos - 10-05-2020, 06:29 PM