Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding Bengals Players From Each Decade
Figured I'd try to start up a different conversation with this. (My apologies if it's been done before) If you could add one player from each decade (70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's, 2010's) to this team moving forward, who would they be?

Here are mine:

1970's - Lamar Parrish. I know him and Riley are close but I give the nod to Parrish here. Not only is a great CB but he's probably the best return man we've ever had. I immediately start shopping William Jackson after this move, and I'd then immediately cut Erikson.

1980's - Anthony Munoz. I really don't think I even need to explain this pick.

1990's - Takeo Spikes. I personally consider him to be the best linebacker we've had since Reggie Williams. Adding him from the 90's means I'm snagging him while he's still young, and leaving up my 2000's pick. We desperately need good linebackers so i think he's a great choice here. Let's just hope the 2020 version of the franchise leaves him less disgruntled.

2000's - Willie Anderson. Snagging Big Willie to pair with Munoz. He's arguably one of the very best RT's of the last 30 years. Apologies to Jonah Williams, you're not sliding over to RT after this move. I know everyone is high on him, but Munoz at LT and Anderson at RT gives us two of the best two ever do it at their respective positions. This duo is too good to pass up.

2010's - Tyler Eifert. We could certainly use an elite TE. He should have been one. With this hypothetical and magical scenario, I'm hoping by adding a pre-injury version of him that he won't get hypothetically get injured again.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Adding Bengals Players From Each Decade - Wes Mantooth - 06-24-2020, 07:20 PM