Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking the AFC North Defenses....and what does it mean for the Bengals?
(06-28-2020, 06:18 PM)jason Wrote: We're still rolling with Mr 5th Choice at DC though. There seems to be a big assumption that just having a year under his belt is gonna lead to big improvement. I figured a head or 2 would roll following a 2 win season. I think Lou could've been one of them.

I give Lou credit for the Defensive turnaround last season. People like to concentrate on weeks 2-10 and ignore weeks 1 +11- 17. The defense had two different types of play worst of all time and pretty decent.
A couple of stats about the last 7 games.
1.) From week 12- 17 the Bengals didn't have a game where an opposing QB completed over 60% of their passes. 4 of those Games QBs where held  51% or under Brady, The Steelers QBs, and both Mayfield games. 
2.) The defense had 6 sacks from week 2-10 compared to 21 sacks from week 11-17.
2-10 .75 sacks a game which for a 16 game pace would be 12 vs week 11-17 they had 3 sacks per game which for a 16 game pace  is 48 per a season.
3.) In week 10 against the Ravens the Defense gave up 35 points( there were 2 a defensive TDs in that game. The Ravens scored 49 points in the game). In weeks 11-13 the Bengals gave up 39 points total(13 per game).
4.) The defense actually was a top 5 Redzone defense last season. 

When you look at the whole season I would say the defense was unimpressive and that Lou could have been justifiably fired. Especially after the week 10 game against the Ravens when he probably should have been fired. 
However after that game the Defense changed and started to play good. Lou earned his job back and therefore I have high expectations for the Defense in 2020.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ranking the AFC North Defenses....and what does it mean for the Bengals? - J24 - 06-28-2020, 09:32 PM