Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking the AFC North Defenses....and what does it mean for the Bengals?
(06-29-2020, 06:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He was not even CLOSE to theiur best LB last year.  you honestly think ANY teamwould let their BEST LB walk for just $1.6 million?

The Ravens signed Bynes 5 games into the season last year out of desperation.  If he had been an attracvtive option he would have made soem other teams roster coming out of training camp.  He then started for a good defense the same way Kim Herring started for arguably the greatest defense of all time ('00 Ravens).  He was the best option at a position where they had no talent.

You been around long enough to remember how Herring played for us?  

This should be interesting.  Who was their best INSIDE LB last year?  And, yes, since they just got younger at the position with both Patrick Queen and Malik Harrison drafted as inside LBs, they could allow their best inside LB to walk.  We let an NFL starting QB walk for $3 million and that is just a BIT more important a position than the ILB.

To look at what Bynes did last year after joining the team (because they clearly needed better tackling at the LB position):

Bynes played in 12 games, with 7 of them starts.  In that period of time, he amassed 2 INTs, 6 Passes defensed, and 4 Forced fumbles with 46 tackles, 6 Tackles for loss, and 2 QB hits.  (76.6 PFF Rating)

Patrick Onwuaser played in 14 games with 6 starts.  He amassed 0 INTs, 1 PD, and 1 FF with 64 tackles, 5 TFLs, and 6 QB hits (PFF rating 49.4)

LJ Fort (who I believe some people on here were interested in and is two years younger than Bynes) played in 12 games with 8 starts.  He amassed 0 INTs, 1 PD, and 0 FF with 35 tackles, 4 TFLs, and 2 QB hits.  (PFF rating 70.1).

So maybe you can tell me which inside LB Bynes isn't even close to on their roster because I'm confused.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ranking the AFC North Defenses....and what does it mean for the Bengals? - SHRacerX - 06-30-2020, 09:12 AM