Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like Camps will go on as scheduled
So, I am one to caution that doctors and/or scientists are actually Not God, and that we (humankind) do not possess the vast amount knowledge and wisdom so many in these professions seem to think we do. What we don't know still dwarfs what we do know. Therefore, the arrogance that many of these display is off-putting to me.

One big area of disagreement I have with the medical profession is the over use of medication. Meds should not be a first resort. The lack of research in the US into useful therapies that don't happen to involve pharmaceutical is stunning: the studies pertaining to hydrogen peroxide in Europe are unheard of here, for instance.

That being said, science is a useful tool for
A) exploration of the universe, and
B) the categorization of the findings
It is not the end all and be all of our knowledge.

At the end of the day, medicine is extremely helpful in emergency situations/ trauma. When I had my appendectomy, I was quite happy to avail myself of their services!

I look forward to the day when knowledge is not edited by various entities for whatever reasons ( money, prestige, prejudice) as it seems to be.
Turns out many traditional therapies do have merit, (apple cider vinegar with honey, or Native American practices, or Oriental medicine, etc etc), yet they are largely ignored by our medical profession.

Science is

Supposed To

dispassionately assess and synthesize knowledge, but often fails to do so, for any number of all-to-human reasons.

At the end of the day, however, if my life is on the line, and the clock is ticking, I will probably go with Medicine, despite it's obvious flaws.

In the meantime, I try to do whatever I can to stay out of their cluches.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looks like Camps will go on as scheduled - SladeX - 06-28-2020, 12:27 PM