Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like Camps will go on as scheduled
(06-28-2020, 10:24 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Tell me the names of the medications that improve outcomes and shorten recovery times and specify the improvements in treatment practices because I’m interested in learning them.

Dexamethasone has been shown in studies in the UK to reduce the death rate by 1/3 for patients who are on ventilators, UK authorities have recommended its use for severe covid 19 cases.

Remdesivir is another drug recommended for the treatment of covid 19 and studies have shown improved outcomes for ventilated patients.

Improved testing procedures have been huge throughout this crisis,  in the US access to testing kits was a big problem early on. Turnaround times have reduced dramatically over the last couple of months. Literally as a write this I am watching a press conference about a test being implemented in Victoria Australia that can be conducted from people spitting in a cup instead of a swap and can be done at the door of their home.

Now both those drugs are in their early days of use and are not cures but early results are promising that they could improve the outcomes of the most critical patients.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looks like Camps will go on as scheduled - AussieBengal - 06-28-2020, 10:43 PM