Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like Camps will go on as scheduled
(06-29-2020, 10:09 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: Mate we aren't on different sides of this arguement, I'm from Australia and things are a lot different over here, from the outside looking in it appears that the US has dealt with this terribly and your post suggests that you hold a similar view on this. Over here we are still able to aggressively trace every contact and that has been invaluable for us in our response. We wouldn't have been able to do that without the lockdown we went into which was the reason for my post that you responded to. I am not a doctor, just someone who is concerned about people I know in the US and how things are developing over there. Though it doesn't help when you have a leader who openly states that the reason for high numbers in the US is that you do to much testing so he has asked people to test less

Our response has been less than ideal to say the least. If we had been more aggressive with testing, contract tracing, and isolating cases we might have been able to avoid shutting down the economy. We still need to do a better job. Yesterday I called a patient to let her know she was positive and she was at work despite’s being told to self-isolate at home until she received her results. Now all of her close contacts at work need to be tested and should self isolate which can dramatically affect her employer’s business.

Now we’re currently seeing a spike I cases which is going to put the fall sports seasons in jeopardy. There is so much money for the NFL to lose I wasn’t too concerned about the NFL not having a season, but I’m becoming less optimistic by the month.

I had a trip planned for a medical conference in Montana next month which I didn’t think was going to be cancelled when this pandemic first started. But, I was wrong about that. So I think it is too soon to predict what will happen with the NFL’s season. I’m guardedly optimistic, but less so with each passing month. I have a family trip planned for November which I also think is in jeopardy if things continue on their current course.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looks like Camps will go on as scheduled - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 06-30-2020, 04:42 PM