Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like Camps will go on as scheduled
(06-30-2020, 04:42 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Our response has been less than ideal to say the least. If we had been more aggressive with testing, contract tracing, and isolating cases we might have been able to avoid shutting down the economy. We still need to do a better job. Yesterday I called a patient to let her know she was positive and she was at work despite’s being told to self-isolate at home until she received her results. Now all of her close contacts at work need to be tested and should self isolate which can dramatically affect her employer’s business.

Now we’re currently seeing a spike I cases which is going to put the fall sports seasons in jeopardy. There is so much money for the NFL to lose I wasn’t too concerned about the NFL not having a season, but I’m becoming less optimistic by the month.

I had a trip planned for a medical conference in Montana next month which I didn’t think was going to be cancelled when this pandemic first started. But, I was wrong about that. So I think it is too soon to predict what will happen with the NFL’s season. I’m guardedly optimistic, but less so with each passing month. I have a family trip planned for November which I also think is in jeopardy if things continue on their current course.

We have had a combination of fast action and good luck work very well for us over here. We have been lucky to be an island nation so we are able to lockdown our borders very effectively. We probably would have avoided a severe national lockdown, except when we announced strict social distancing measures we had 10000 people show up at one of the major beaches in Sydney. Though to be honest we needed the lockdown back in March and April as we didn't have the resources needed to allow us to test and aggressively contact trace which is allowing us to fight the pandemic now. As I write this we are announcing localised lockdowns of some suburbs in Melbourne, they are going back into lockdown for the next 4 weeks. Victoria is currently getting about 70 new cases a day, outside of Victoria the vast majority of our cases are in hotel quarantine for returned travelers. The theory for this outbreak is that it was caused by poor practices in the hotel quarantine in that state.

We are very lucky over here, I actually get to go to a game of football this weekend, it is a limited crowd of 7500 in a stadium that seats 30000 but het its a chance to go to the football.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looks like Camps will go on as scheduled - AussieBengal - 06-30-2020, 08:48 PM