Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump shares video of "great people" yelling "white power" at pro Trump parade
(06-29-2020, 03:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And Trump is proposing a law against burning the American flag and also demanded that a private business fire an employee for protesting.

The right also wants government to control communications on private social media companies.

Seems to me the biggest current threats to the First Amendment are coming from the right.

I suppose that's a matter of perspective.  I'm not in favor of most of what you just mentioned as well.  

As for you assertion about social media companies, they have protection as a "platform for discourse".  The "right's" issue with them is that they do not apply their terms of service in an equitable, fair or consistent manner.  Consequently the argument is that they should lose their special protection as a result.  It's not exactly an unfair position considering that the CEO of Twitter flat out admitted the platform is biased against conservatives.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump shares video of "great people" yelling "white power" at ... - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-29-2020, 04:03 PM